Search Unity

Question Why can't I import my projects using the Reflect Importer?

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by CBlaise, Jul 28, 2022.

1. CBlaise

CBlaise

Hi there, I am trying to use Unity Reflect to import objects from Revit with their respective metadata as prefabs into my Unity project, but for some reason, my projects are not showing up in my Reflect Importer Window.

I have used the Unity Reflect export plugin in Revit to export to both local and cloud projects. I can then see them in the Unity Reflect Review program and under my Organizations Projects on the Unity dashboard webpage (pics of them being recognised below). Also, on the Reflect Review, I can open the models properly and view them as intended, so they are definitely being accessed there.

upload_2022-7-28_12-48-55.png upload_2022-7-28_12-51-9.png upload_2022-7-28_12-52-30.png

The problem occurs when I open the Reflect Importer window from within the Unity Editor. I have the Reflect Package in my project but when I open the Reflect Importer window and press refresh, nothing appears.

upload_2022-7-28_12-57-35.png

I have both the Unity Pro and Unity Reflect Develop licenses, and the editor knows that I am signed in with the correct account because if I sign out or use a different account it will give me the error messages of needing to sign in or needing a Unity Pro/Unity Reflect Develop license, respectively.

If anyone could help me understand what I am doing wrong here that would be much appreciated as most tutorials online just say "if you can see it in the Reflect Review, just open the Unity Importer and press Import".

One other thing, I tried this in both my own project and the Reflect Viewer project in Unity version 2020.3.3f1 and neither of them work.

Thanks in advance!

2. dani-ria

dani-ria

Unity Technologies

Hello CBlaise,

Thanks for your question.

Can you please confirm the following:
    • What version of Reflect are you using to export the models?
    • What version of Unity are you using?
    • And can you also confirm the version of the Reflect Package, please?

3. CBlaise

CBlaise

Hey Dani,

The versions of each of those I am using are:

4. AlexisMurillo

AlexisMurillo

Hi Blaise,

Did you finally find a solution to this?
    I'm also trying to use Revit models in Unity but I can't

5. CBlaise

CBlaise

I'm afraid not, Alexis.

Still trying different things but I am just using placeholder models until I can work out what's going on or if anyone else knows what's happening.

6. RachelTaoMWH

RachelTaoMWH

Hi,

Any reply for this issue?

I can't even get the importer Window to come up. Not sure what to do, probably won't be purchasing this product, it seems very unsupported.

Unity Version: 2019.4.40f1
    Reflect Package Version: 2.0.1 - preview.13

7. dani-ria

dani-ria

Unity Technologies

Hello there,

Apologies for not following this up timely.

The good news is that we have a Support team dedicated to non-Editor-related questions, with a very fast response time. Please email support@unity3d.com, including the word Reflect in the Subject and a description of your problem, and we will get back to you shortly.

8. dani-ria

dani-ria

Unity Technologies

RachelTao, I think after posting this message, you have email support@unity3d.com.
    I am waiting for your response so we can book a remote call with you.

9. dani-ria

dani-ria

Unity Technologies

Thanks for your patience with this matter.
    It looks like your environment is slightly outdated now. The Editor can be updated and we have a new installer in the same link you posted earlier
    It'd be worth checking your entitlements as well. I'll be happy to do that if you email support@unity3d.com with 'Reflect issue' in the Subject, and a reference to this thread as a description.
    Having the Editor log file would also help: please force the problem and then share your
    %LocalAppData%/Unity/Editor/Editor.log
    ?

10. dani-ria

dani-ria

Unity Technologies

Hello AlexisMurillo
    It'd be worth checking your entitlements: you need to have Reflect Develop + Unity Pro to import a model in the Editor. I'll be happy to help if you email support@unity3d.com with 'Reflect Import issue' in the Subject and a description of your problem. Screenshots would be helpful too.