Search Unity

Why are there unused packages in my build? Specifically, networking.

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Reloque, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Reloque

Reloque

I am trying to learn about Android releases, and I am getting there. But, for this very simple balloon popper game, Unity still seems to include quite a lot of things that I don't think should be there. See this exert from the build log;
    Why does it need that UnityEngine.Networking.dll ? Specifically, since I don't want networking and don't want it added to the requirements at the Google Play store. I've tried manually editing the manifest.json, removed quite a bit of other stuff as well. But Hololens? SpatialTracking? Why is that in there? Is there a spot in Unity where I can disbale all that? I am just not quite understanding how this works?

2. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Reloque,

These DLL have nothing to do with the Package Manager for now. But, in 2019.x, these extensions will be moved to packages and you'll be able to add/remove them in your project.

Does it answer your question?

Regards,

Pascal

3. Reloque

Reloque

Well, partially. I asked here because using package manager allowed to me to get rid of some of the other's.
    The resulting question is, how do I get rid of them now, or at least disable needing network permissions in the app store.

Tx for the answer.

4. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies