Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are my stars bleeding into my clouds?

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by TheWhispers, Dec 19, 2020.

1. TheWhispers

TheWhispers

I'm using a particle system (built-in) for my clouds but I have this one issue. I'm using a space emission texture in my PBR sky override, and because I'm using additive blending on my particle system material the stars bleed through and are enhanced in brightness where the clouds are supposed to block them out. I'm using alpha channel inside the texture for transparency, but the clouds aren't opaque enough. How could I reduce general transparency and or at least have the stars not get increased luminosity/emission when the clouds are in front of the stars. Turning down emission on the stars sucks the saturation out of the vibrant color, so ideally I want the stars that are covered by the clouds to not be visible at all.

Files attached below. I have feeling it has something to do with a mask but that's the one part of Unity I haven't needed use of yet and there are so many I don't know which one it could possibly be. I need additive blending to get the cloud effect but I don't want it doing it to other textures in the scene if that's what's even happening.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020