Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are my Google Play's reports so different from Unity's ?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by msfredb7, Aug 27, 2018.

1. msfredb7

msfredb7

Hey, I've published my first game on Android a few months ago and I realised that my Google Play Console's report are VERY different the stats provided by Unity.

For example: for it's lifetime, Google Play Console tells me my game has been downloaded 1,498 times. Unity Operate Dashboard tells me it's been downloaded 6,367 times.

Who's right ? And why would there be such a big disparity in the reports ?

Google Play Store:
    y.png

Unity Operate Dashboard: yy.png

Anybody who has already published an Android game having the same issues ?

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Unity Operate also counts people who did not download it from Google Play.

3. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@msfredb7

Yeah, that is a pretty big discrepancy.

For small discrepancies, it can be easy to understand that Google Play installs don't necessarily track to New Users on a 1:1 basis.

For a discrepancy that size, there are two possible reasons I can think of, without looking at the data directly:

1. Using the same project ID for multiple apps. (If you have a Pro subscription, you can use Raw Data Export and check the app_name in the deviceInfo data set).
    2. Piracy. Unfortunately, this is a major problem, especially on Android. Google does offer some additional app security to help with piracy.