Search Unity

Why are my FBX anims being imported in 24fps and not 30fps!?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by gizmo1990, Jan 27, 2014.

1. gizmo1990

gizmo1990

Since moving to Unity 4 from 3.5 I've found that many of my FBX animation files are appearing as 24 fps and not the 30 they were animated in? I first noticed it as keys aren't matching their original files and then saw the markers in the animations imports settings in the inspector.

Is this new to Unity 4, being able to change a animations fps via its import setting? Could someone tell me where I can change this back to importing files as 30 fps? I can't work out how to do it? Oddly too, some of my files are showing as 30 fps and others at 24 fps?

Any help greatly appreciated.

2. TheCCJ

TheCCJ

Framerate is actually embedded in the FBX scene itself, so I'm guessing when the original was done, the animator didn't realize that they had been doing so with a film FPS rate, instead of NTSC (30fps).

AFAIK, your only fix is going to be going through your MAYA/MAX/Whatever graphics package you may have, and change the FPS of the sequence (which will likely require a change/adjustment to where keyframes are hitting), or see if the exporter will let you specify a new FPS setting at export (some FBX exporters allow this, others don't; depends on how robust the plugin is).