Search Unity

Why are my animation states not finishing?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Marscaleb, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Marscaleb

Marscaleb

I have a very simple animation controller set up. It is running a short linear sequence of playing a couple animations and then moving to a final state that triggers a script that just signals another script that the sequence is complete.

But I've noticed that some times the animations don't play all the way before moving on to the next state. I have no idea why, but it seems fairly consistent where it's the second time through for one animation, and the third time its played for another animation. (And one of the animations somehow bypasses all the other states, jumping straight through the whole sequence until it hits the final state that triggers the script.)

I have no idea why this is happening, and there's a lot I don't understand about animation. Could someone please offer some ideas of what I should be looking into to track down this problem?

2. OmerPasa3328

OmerPasa3328

same ,it start but then returns to idle . Even though idle has a boolen that agains that it works in other projects but notin this one :(

though you still try boolen but I bet you have already tried that :(

3. Marscaleb

Marscaleb

It's been a while, so I can't quite recall if I had actually solved the problem or if I just found a way around it, but I think this was a problem I was having because there were other objects in the scene that were triggering the event.