Search Unity

Feedback Why are http://www links getting allowed as post titles?

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by MadeFromPolygons, Aug 13, 2019.

1. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Title says it all, I dont think we should be allowing anything with http://www as a post title. Thats how all of the spam I marked today got through with effectively full url links as a post title. You dont even need to click the post to know its spam, so if its that easy we need a more intelligent spam filter setting.

@UnityMaru sorry to tag you in on this stuff all the time but I feel like a definitive answer is given whenever I do :)

Peter77 likes this.
  2. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Haha, no worries.

The thing is, we tried just that a month ago - this caused the spam filter to be overzealous so we had to revert the change. It's a good idea but something the forum software doesn't quite like.

As mentioned in another thread, me and @LeonhardP have an idea in the works that we've submitted to our Webteam to hopefully dramatically reduce the amount of spam. Once I hear back from the team, I will be sure to let you and the other users know :)

3. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Awesome as always thanks very much @UnityMaru

Dont worry we the community understand that its not simple black and white with auto spam filtering, and understand that it will take some iterating before its where we all want it to be.

Its times like this that I wish computers understood natural language, would be great if we could just "talk" to it XD "Computer, no letting links through as post titles unless they dont seem like spam. Thanks computer, bai!"

Anyway so far the spam filtering does seem better than it was before so I definately think we are on the right track!