Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Why am I getting the Unity failed to run reference rewriter whenever I attempt to build my game?

Discussion in 'Experimental Scripting Previews' started by DerrickLau, Mar 19, 2018.

1. DerrickLau

DerrickLau

Since I use Json.NET, I copied in NewtonsoftJson.dll from \Json110r1\Bin\portable-net45+win8+wpa81+wp8 into the subdirectory holding my UWP assemblies and plugins. I took the same assembly from \Json110r1\Bin\net45 and put it in the directory above, where I keep my placeholder assemblies/plugins for the Unity editor. I have set my build settings by clicking on the Player settings button and setting the scripting runtime version to experimental .NET 4.x, the scripting backend to .NET, and API compatibility level to .NET 4.x. When I click Build I get:

UnityException: Failed to run reference rewriter with command "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Assembly-CSharp.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\UnityEngine.Timeline.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\UnityEngine.UI.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\UnityEngine.SpatialTracking.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\UnityEngine.Analytics.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\UnityEngine.HoloLens.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\UnityEngine.StandardEvents.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\UnityEngine.Networking.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\StupidFun.Games.TheNerd.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\StupidFun.Games.Unity3D.dll" etc... No errors found as the error message is truncated.

How do I get the entire error message to show?

And what am I doing wrong?