Search Unity

Why accept/skip a Task bid before having an opportunity to talk business?

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by soleron, Nov 7, 2016.

1. soleron

soleron

We should have an opportunity to exchange a few words before being able to accept, or skip a bid for a task. Some people showed interest in my task. I find their skillset suitable, but I do not know how much they are charging nor do they know how much I am able/willing to pay.

Perhaps there should be a process/workflow allowing someone to make a bid for a fixed price task? Discuss how much time this task would take according to the bidder, or disclose the intended payment only to select users? Otherwise how can I accept or not a proposal without such crucial discussion?

Or provide this workflow though a form. i.e. i have task A that I believe will take X time, and i can pay up to Z amount of money. A bidder could say: hey, I can do this in X-2 and the cost will be Z+1.

2. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey soleron,

We should definitely change the word from something other than "Accept". We created this moment just to make sure both parties were interested in starting a conversation. By no means does this mean you are accepting them as someone for your task.

We will take the bidding aspect into consideration. At the moment you can do this in the messenger, but its not very intuitive. Thanks!

soleron and Malicjusz like this.
  3. soleron

soleron

Indeed, a change in the wording would be helpful. As a first time user I was worried that the other person would consider this an acceptance of the offer. It didn't even give me a hint that there was a chat system in place. Perhaps "Discuss" or "Connect" would be more suitable? In the mail it says "connect" which is fitting, but I didn't find this word anywhere else in the website.

Also the bookmark should work outside the task as well. i.e I bookmark a range of professionals that I had a talk with, I consider them noteworthy, and I would love to work with them in the future under different circumstances. For future reference. i.e. a collection of potential contributors, and if you also allowed labeling in the bookmarks or some sort of categorization by discipline it would be super! i.e. Artists, Designers, Programmers, etc. Right now the bookmark feels that it is only related to this task.