Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Whole scene moving away when putting the helmet down and back on (Meta Quest 3/Pro)

Discussion in 'VR' started by Sashell_, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Sashell_

Sashell_

Hi,

We noticed a strange behavior with our unity app : Whenever we put the device down or "change heads", the whole scene has moved away from its original position. (i.e, if you have two objects in front of you, put the Quest down, and then back on, the two objects will be well placed from one another but like 4 meters away on your right).

This is really problematic, anyone knows what's causing this ?

Thanks.

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Is everything up to date?
    Never experienced this myself.

Is the room a solid color? Having different visuals around the room helps with tracking

3. Sashell_

Sashell_

Yup, latest Quest OS version, Meta XR all in one v.59. The room is not just white walls, it's a regular office with different colors and shapes around (wooden panels, etc)

The thing is the limit and spatial mapping isn't lost, only the game objects go rogue.

The objects i'm talking about are spawned from different parents in the scene, some don't even have any scripts attached..

4. DevDunk

DevDunk

Are they spawned using AR achors or are they just placed in the Unity scene?

5. Sashell_

Sashell_

Just placed in the Unity scene

6. Sashell_

Sashell_

well, both actually
    But the AR Anchor ones move aswell

7. Sashell_

Sashell_

After some research, it seems like the whole world coordinate system is moving ?? The world coordinates of my objects stay the same, but they are placed differently in the real world