Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Who managed to get Oculus Quest working in URP ?

Discussion in 'VR' started by bdeschryver, Mar 22, 2020.

1. bdeschryver

bdeschryver

Hey guys,

I have spent hours trying to get a nice demo on Oculus Quest using the URP on Unity 2019.3.
    I just can't get something nice out of it !
    I compared it to 2018.2.6 with normal 3D project settings and it is just nice... (of course we all forget about post processing).

Anybody managed to use URP with Quest and get good results "out of the box" ?
    For example, colors always look "whitish", like a white overlay would display on top of everyhting and give very poor contrast...
    Thanks !

2. egavi3d

egavi3d

Here is a good explanation on how to get a good looking result with Quest and URP.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaFtxxh3Ze0

When I build for Quest and URP, Unity compiles an absurd number of shader variants, and it takes hours. The next compile, takes the same time, no cache.
    Any solution to the build times in 2019.3 ?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  3. darkesco

darkesco

Ran at 50FPS. Not usable. Also shaders took about 10 minutes.

4. Aaron-Meyers

Aaron-Meyers

I've got it working, but there have been a lot of snags so far. My project relies heavily on VFX Graph so that means I can't use OpenGL ES because of a showstopping known bug.

I would say that Vulkan support is definitely still in an early stage. If I try to use Multiview stereo rendering, it doesn't really work at all... just a grey in the left eye. So I assume I am giving up some performance by falling back to Multi Pass.

I've also noticed that when using Vulkan, it appears that my build is running at a lower resolution than when I build to OpenGL ES. I tested with a scene that doesn't use VFX Graph and saw tons of aliasing with Vulkan compared to how it looked running from the editor or built using OpenGL ES.

5. hrgchris

hrgchris

I've got it working. We aren't ready to update to the new XR plugin stuff (due to other platforms) so we're still using 'Oculus Android' package alongside latest Oculus asset store bits, and all seem to work fine. This is Unity 2019.4 with latest packages.

6. larrydu88

larrydu88

URP is working. Unfortunately camera stacking does not seem to work for Oculus Quest android builds. Its limited to single pass rendering and no post processing. The cockpit for my VR space shooter game completely disappears in builds which is frustrating as hell.

unityunity