Search Unity

who has received his publisher license yet?

Discussion in 'PSM' started by cubaschi, Apr 9, 2014.

1. cubaschi

cubaschi

I am awaiting the license. How long did it take those who applied to receive it?
    What are the criteria to be entitled a license?

It is kinda strange that there is no way to contact the psm people as a developer.

Best,

Simon

2. orb

orb

I got it in under two weeks, and then had log in to "buy" the developer subscription. There will be a yellow notification box when you log in to the PSM site guiding you to any steps you may have missed. Double-check that :)

3. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

UNDER TWO WEEKS? O_O so i guess i should stop checking my email every 30 seconds then… :/

4. orb

orb

Yep, expecting daily updates is too much. I stopped the 30-second checks after the first week.

5. PeterJK

PeterJK

Hopefully Sony speeds up this process. I imagine they have a fair chunk of new applications since yesterday.

It would be even better if they removed the need to be a registered publisher before you can deploy to your Vita...

6. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

I reckon its there to cut down on the amount of people that will try use it for hacks, home-brews or copied games :) As much as i'd like to not have this publisher check to deploy, its there for everyones best intensions. ^_^

7. cubaschi

cubaschi

Still, the more I think about it the angrier I get. If they advertise that it is SOOOOO easy and that it takes so little steps to test/build stuff on PSM it is ridiculous that we have to wait ca. 2 weeks to get the license. Expecially since for private persons they cannot find out anything that would qualifiy/disqualify us for said license. Let's spam their twitter account @PSMDevSupport. I already started.

Simon

8. GMM

GMM

This, really.

It's very unfortunate that Sony stuck with a system like this, since it's very unlikely they will personally reach out to everyone for verification. Everyone just wants to run their own Unity builds on this thing, so having what seems like 1-2 weeks of waiting for essentially nothing is pretty silly. I hope Sony decides to activate everyone soon, so we can spend more time building things instead of waiting for someone to press a button next week.

9. will_brett

will_brett

Mine took around 3 weeks and that was around 6 months ago

10. PeterD

PeterD

Odd. Mine too less than a few hours and that must have been 6 to 8 months ago. I remember I logged in a few hours later and had to update a few things but, it never took more than a day.

Have people actually checked that their accounts aren't already verified and just awaiting some info on the actual portal?

11. PeterJK

PeterJK

I get an entitlement check failure when I try to get a key. I've been checking the dev portal on and off on the chance that emails aren't sent out immediately, but it seems the verification lag is real.

I only registered for a publisher license yesterday, of course, like others. By comparison, I remember that in the case of Apple there does also seem to be some manual oversight, but IIRC it took less than an hour for confirmation.

12. orb

orb

If everything is OK you should have this box on the left of the PSM dev site's front page:
    $psm_20140326_015954.jpg

If that area has a yellow box (not just the notification about SDK/Unity versions), you need to click whichever link it shows and follow the instructions.

13. bitcrusher

bitcrusher

mines only took about a day but that was a couple months ago. 8)

14. GMM

GMM

Applied for my license a few hours after the Unity PSM announcement was made and it's also still pending for me. If anyone from Sony is on here, is license verification done depending on what country (or continent for that matter) that you fall in under?

15. kilian277

kilian277

@GMM
    Don't you need to be physically based in America when applying ?

16. GMM

GMM

As long a you live in a country that has the PSM development service, you can apply for it.

17. PeterD

PeterD

No just one of the countries on the current list of supported regions. So UK, most of the EU countries in Europe, USA and Japan

18. orb

orb

And Norway. Definitely Norway. Not an EU country :)

19. kenlem

kenlem

I just went to check my status this morning and was disappointed to see that it was still pending. A few hours later I got confirmation. Sweet!

20. GMM

GMM

Congrats! When did you apply?

21. kenlem

kenlem

April 8th

22. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Oh wow your getting me excited now :D thats when i applied! Commeee onnnn sonyyyyyy my body is ready!

23. GMM

GMM

I also did that, hoping they will accept it soon.

24. orb

orb

Just for comparison ID@Xbox took about a week. Got a reply today, and status updates until they accepted me.

25. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

I was checking up on one of my mobile multiplayer games, and there was a Raptor called sony running around, thought haha maybe.. just maybe, went and checked my email a few minutes after, and publisher confirmation just came through! Coincidence? ;)

- Raptors Online
    Steve

Edit : added image - got my game on vita within minutes of being publisher confirmed!

$IMG_3182.jpg

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  26. PeterD

PeterD

27. GMM

GMM

Just got my invite :D

28. Mementos

Mementos

Got my publisher license an hour ago :D Only waiting for the Vita to arrive (should be tomorow) ;)

29. Deleted User

Deleted User

i already had one, it took around 10 days, then a couple more days for my banking and tax information to be accepted

30. PeterD

PeterD

Yes people! Don't forget to get your banking info sorted if you have serious plans to release on PSM! They can't pay you without it and (at least here in the UK) you need to fill in an online tax residency form, which asks for some information that is quite frankly impossible for someone actually born in the UK to actually complete o_O such classics as :-

When did you move to the UK?
    How long do you plan to stay?

I had a few chuckles with those, what with being born in Lambeth in London >_<

Edit: Oh and just to clarify! It was funny because they are mandatory questions you have to answer!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  31. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Hello fellow british citizen! Thanks for the heads up!

32. Astfgl

Astfgl

Just got my publisher license. :D The application process took less than a day for me, so I guess now that the initial madness has died down the waiting times are back to a reasonable length again.

33. PeterD

PeterD

re: your screenshot. I think Ryman's sells screenwipes ;-)

34. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

haha :p I very rarely use my Alienware notebook, hence the dust and dirtiness, always on my Mac nowadays :p