Search Unity

White screen when loading any project

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by gflkidd, Aug 19, 2019.

1. gflkidd

gflkidd

Any project I load I get this white screen. See attached.

I have tried reinstalling Unity, updating graphics drivers, setting compatibility settings. Anything I could find online to help with this issue. It was actually working fine yesterday. I was able to build an android APK and test on my device, but today no such luck. I am able to open the bug report window, so I submitted a bug. Also, I am able to build and run and the exe runs fine. It just won't show my editor at all.

Please help...

I am using Unity 2019.2.1f1
    Windows 10 Home
    8GB Ram
    2.8 GHZ i7-7700k

Logged bug through editor:
    fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?1177702_tg6bv3kbrmn9ci5f

The bug logger is basically the only page that works. An odd thing though, I am able to click buttons inside the white space and they do something. For example, I opened the Build settings window and I can click the buttons inside there without knowing where they are, and things happen. I just can't see anything.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I'd start with taking a look at the editor's log file.

3. gflkidd

gflkidd

Where can i find that? I reset my pc and reinstalled all programs. Going to try again. It wasnt just Unity acting up, the scroll bars in windows settings werent scrolling either. I thought maybe it was related to a windows update so trying a fresh install.

But please let me know where i can find log files like this.

4. gflkidd

gflkidd

I reset my PC and it worked for a few hours, now back to white screen. What is going on....

Anyone out there that can help?

5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html

If it works for a few hours then runs into issues, I'd suspect either a hardware issue or something specific to your project. You can eliminate your project as the cause by just opening a brand new project and seeing if you run into the same issue playing around, without importing anything used in your original project.