Search Unity

White screen in Unity Editor

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Meerth, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Meerth

Meerth

Hello,

I hope it is the right place to ask, otherwise please tell me where to post. Here is my problem. Last time I used Unity properly was around the end of 2017. I recently decided to get back to Unity, and launched it. However, I got some parts totally white, like the UI cannot be drawn. I just show the bottom log error bar, saying : Assertion failed on expression: 'SUCCEEDED(hr)'.

I have already looked at other posts about that, tried deleting the Library folder, but nothing works. I guess it has to do with graphics driver, but they are up to date. First, because this is the only thing (as far as I know) that may have changed in my computer recently. Second thing is that when I try to run Unity with my integrated GPU, it works. I saw somewhere that it may be a DirectX11 conflict, but I could not find anything...

My integrated GPU is Intel HD Graphics 630 and my GPU is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti.

I also tried to install different versions of unity, get the last one, install older versions... But none of them worked.

Any idea ? Thanks a lot!

2. pitaya4

pitaya4

Alright, a quick google search of "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti problem with unity" pulled up this.
    I am not sure if you're on an ACER or if you're even on a notebook at all but here's the solution the guy found.

Edit: also sorry for the late response, don't come to the forums often if it's not obvious by my posts count