Search Unity

Question White screen displayed on Hololens 2 when opening Unity project

Discussion in 'AR' started by NewUser101, Jun 9, 2022.

1. NewUser101

NewUser101

Hey guys, I have been having this problem for a while, I'm trying to deploy a Unity project on Hololens 2, I created a game object in Unity and in order to manipulate it, after adding the collider, I added the 'object manipulator' script and the 'near interaction grabbable' to it then built and deployed it on Hololens2 which eventually displayed an empty white screen! (while when I click on the play button on Unity, it shows me the object that I can manipulate only when there's a white dot in the game object, if it is offsetted from the object, I'm not able to manipulate it anymore somehow..).
    I'm using Unity 2019.4.17f1 and Visual Studio 2022. I made sure in the build settings to set the UWP architecture on ARM64 (tried even x64) to build and run on USB device for Hololens as target device, and in the player settings I made sure to activate the Windows Mixed Reality on the XR Plug-in management while making sure to disable the holographic remoting.
    Can someone please explain to me why I'm getting a white screen on my Hololens 2?
    and what's exactly the dot displayed in Unity on the game object? why I can't manipulate the object when it gets offsetted?

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      102.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      106.3 KB
      Views: