Search Unity

White grid throughout large navmesh

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by edgrimaldi, Feb 16, 2015.

1. edgrimaldi

edgrimaldi

I am currently using a pretty basic navmesh with a run of the mill navmeshagent npc. I noticed to day that the agent would stop inexplicably between destinations. Upon further examination I discovered that the point the agent stopped at was on a white line I never noticed before in my navmesh. When I zoomed way out I noticed there was a white grid.

I understand that a navmesh on such a large map may not be the best solution, however, I am unable to find any documentation on this white boundary. After testing a number of scenarios, I learned that my agent works perfectly fine so long as its origin and destination do not require crossing one of these white grid lines.

Can someone give me some direction??

Thanks

Z0leee87 likes this.
  2. edgrimaldi

edgrimaldi

I have to amend my question with new observations... it appears that "some" of my npc with navmesh agents can, in fact, cross this white grid lines that are in my navmesh. What I have observed is that, for no readily apparent reason, the agent will just stop, ususally some distance away from from where they began and then become irretrievably stuck where they stand.

What I did to discover this was make my player the target destination and lead the navmesh agent further and further away. Eventually, the agent would stop. Even when I "lured" them back in the other direction by moving the player to whilst we began, the agent will just stay where they got stuck.

This was in a wide open part of the navmesh... no obstacles or impassible sections.

Any contribution would be appreciated. Thanks.

Z0leee87 likes this.
  3. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

@edgrimaldi
    Have you found a solution to this problem? I am facing the same problem on this white line.

Z0leee87 likes this.
  4. Z0leee87

Z0leee87