Search Unity

White Ads and the Close button

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by EyalBira, Aug 15, 2018.

1. EyalBira

EyalBira

Hi,
    I am getting some complaints from my users, to be honest - I have to agree with them.

There seems to be some Ads that have a WHITE background. This makes the close X button really hard to see. Some users reported that they don't know how to get back to the game (iOS) and needed to exit and restart. Can you provide a proper solution for this ? Maybe make the X button have a black outline or stronger shadow?

This is really problematic. See screenshot below.
    Thanks

unity_ads_white.jpeg

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Hi, thanks for reporting. We'll have the team look into this

/Rasmus

3. EyalBira

EyalBira

@rasmus-unity Any updates regarding this issue?? It is a real abuse of the Ad system - I keep getting reports about not getting rewards from ADS since they don't know how to CLOSE the ad - they can't SEE the X sign.

As first step - please BAN all ads that have White BACKGROUND - or at least let me BAN it for my account - This is becoming a real big issue.

4. DenisasK

DenisasK

Unity Technologies

@EyalBira I have contacted the team. They are solving this issue right now. I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the issue.

rasmus-unity and EyalBira like this.
  5. AndrewAD

AndrewAD

Attached Files:

6. DenisasK

DenisasK

Unity Technologies

Hello, @AndrewAD . We have the fix for the issue, it is under testing right now. Very soon we will release the fix publicly.

7. Eljo_huckleberry

Eljo_huckleberry

Same here for multiple projects. Always have been and never saw Unity act upon it.
    We always get a load of complaints from players "stuck" in advertisements whenever UnityAds show up.

Attached Files:

EyalBira likes this.
  8. NGGProgress

NGGProgress

Any update? I still see white background ads. Do I have to update my ads package? And if so, which is the minimum version I need to update to?