Search Unity

Discussion Which VR/XR gear to get and why?

Discussion in 'VR' started by pzoghbi, Jan 20, 2024.

1. pzoghbi

pzoghbi

What are some of the most reliable hardware for developing Unity VR/XR applications/games?

What are some of your recommendations, considerations and experiences using and developing VR?

If you have some hands-on experience (developing and testing), please share it.

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Right now I highly recommend the Quest 3.
    It has wide support, a depth sensor, controllers + hand tracking, good VR and AR support, gets new features fast, and is cheap and sold to the masses. It also runs on PCVR so you can test that as well.

The only thing I am missing from it is eye tracking. For that the quest pro or maybe pico 4 enterprise might be a better fit. Bit pico as a company is not certain on where they are going, so at this moment can't recommend that (pico 4 is amazing tho).

The vision pro can be a good platform if you already are integrated with Apple, as it will have good integration and uses eye tracking for interaction, which I think will be used more and more. There is less adoption, less freedom, more limitations, and a way higher price than quest 3 tho.

pzoghbi likes this.