Search Unity

Which Unity 2017.3 patch release supports new Vuforia 7.0.50?

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by AyreGuitar, Mar 22, 2018.

1. AyreGuitar

AyreGuitar

I noticed that there's a new version of Vuforia that fixes some problems mentioned on the Vuforia forum but they only mention that it will be available in a future Unity 2017.3 patch release.
    Can somebody tell me which patch release, as I couldn't find a mention of it, yet Vuforia have uploaded new samples here
    A simple link from this forum to the latest Unity/Vuforia patch would be most welcome.

2. theolagendijk

theolagendijk

Hi AyreGuitar,

Currently the newest 2017.3.1 patch ( 2017.3.1p4 ) contains Vuforia SDK 7.0.47.
    I sure hope that Vuforia 7.0.50 ( or higher ) is part of the next Unity patch.
    Vuforia 7.0.47 triggers a serious issue in Apple's iOS review proces.
    We've been having several apps rejected by Apple's iOS reviewers ( because of a "Guideline 2.1 Performance" issue), which turns out to be an issue that does not occur in "the wild" but only in Apple's test environment. The newer Vuforia versions contain a workaround to prevent this issue from occurring.
    https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/ios/ios-apps-failing-app-review-vuforia-7047-and-unity-201731f1
    We can't wait to see the newer Vuforia versions included in the Unity patches, because right now all our Unity+Vuforia apps initially get rejected. Some have been approved later on after pointing to the Vuforia forum, but this is a terrible waste of time.

3. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

@theolagendijk

Have you tried the solution provided by Adrianj within that thread or reached out to myself + Medabit for an early version of the patch for that issue?

4. AyreGuitar

AyreGuitar

So, over a month later and I still can't find which version of Unity has v7.0.50 of Vuforia SDK. I can see that Unity 2018.1 beta supposedly has v7.1.31 of Vuforia SDK, but I don't want to use a Beta version of Unity. Am I missing something?

As I said before:
    A simple link from this forum to the latest Unity/Vuforia patch would be most welcome.

5. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

@AyreGuitar Vuforia 7.0.50 can be found in Unity 2017.4.2f2.