Search Unity

Which types of objects would you like to see more 3d scanned models of? (Requests welcome!)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by XilenceX, Jan 2, 2021.

1. XilenceX

XilenceX

Which types of objects would you like to see more 3d scanned models of, in the asset store?

Some limitations for requests.
    The object must be either:
    Easily and legally obtainable and max. 50cm x 50xm x 50cm in size. (preferred)
    Or: outside and freely accessible to the public and max. 150cm x 150cm x 150cm.

The reason I'm asking is that we've got two 3d scanned asset packs on the store.
    One for animals skins and one for melons.
    The animal skins are selling very well, but the melons only ever got one sale. Both rank high in search results.
    Since the melons are arguably presented better, this must mean that some packs are in high demand and some in low demand.

Naturally, I'm trying to find a pack idea, that would be in high demand and worth doing.
    So please only post requests, if you would be willing to pay $5 per model on the asset store.
    At lower prices per model it's not worth going through our laborious scanning process.
    This may be a different situation in other countries with lower wages, of course.

tree_arb likes this.
  2. zalimdaner

zalimdaner

I would be like to see Boxer , Kung Fu, Pakistan / Indian Fighter/ Wrestler, Boxer, and few like Magician
    by the way i also by the could you link where as you made 3d character already

Thanks

3. XilenceX

XilenceX

So basically character 3d scans. In your example boxers, Kung Fu and magicians.

Unfortunately we don't do human 3d scans, since this requires very expensive equipment to do well.

I still find the suggestion of selling character models interesting though.
    Since we are creating quite a lot of character models for our RPG project right now.
    With regard to 3d scanning, it could be possible to for example scan clothes.
    Then model a base character to put them on and sell a pack of clothes.