Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Which part of development is the hardest for u

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by *ShiNe, Dec 11, 2009.

1. *ShiNe

*ShiNe

Actually subject is the question :?: .As for me graphics is the easiest thing.Oh and a little advertisement : if somebody need some models u can write me on e-mail or pm(it's not free but cheap I think :wink: )

2. JRavey

JRavey

Programming is the easiest for me, I tend to start with a data-centric view and work from there.

The hardest part is finding good help which is also reliable, whether paid or volunteer!

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

4. n0mad

n0mad

Quality Assurance ;)

5. mudloop

mudloop

Graphics, definately. And finishing my games. I can do a prototype in a couple of hours, but finishing up, adding levels, menu's, polishing, etc all take ages.

6. Jessy

Jessy

Having to stop to go to my day job. :p

7. Kripto

Kripto

The million issues which make up the final polishing of a game can be a massive, evil vortex, sapping a developer's strength and "life-energy" until he is just a hollow shell of the man he was, shuffling on to the next project like a demented zombie-robot-ninja skee-ball-playing race-driving puzzle solver...

8. mattimus

mattimus

JessyComment++;

As a hobbyist, the hardest part is definitely managing time. Working on company project while at work, finding time to work on Unity projects at home, and still managing to keep my wife from feeling neglected.

9. jbury

jbury

Pretty much the same as Mattimus, I work all day and when I get home I need to spend time with my partner and still try to find time for Iphone Unity stuff

Just staying motivated is the hardest part, sometimes after everything I've done at work I just want to get home and stay as far away from the computer as I can

It's a struggle :)

10. jtbentley

jtbentley

The last 5% .. Where you have to go tidy things up to make it a truly 'professional' app.

The last 5% takes 95% of the time.. Boo!

11. luisanton

luisanton

Without any doubt, finishing all those little details that are required to have a proper game: a good interface (menu and those things) and checking that everything works.

I love programming game mechanics, but finishing the game properly can be soooo boring...

12. rakudoor

rakudoor

it is too difficult to set different font for different label