Search Unity

Discussion Which online platform should I use?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ilberpro, Jun 30, 2022.

1. ilberpro

ilberpro

I want to make a Online game which needs features like:
    -must have player authentication, login
    -player can play across devices
    -do not need any advertisement support
    -players progression must be saved for every level for every gameplay and this data would be used for progression chart.
    -must have a clan type of lobby where a clan admin can check the progression of others.
    -needs to have webgl support as it would mostly be used in internet
    -it would be great if it s cheap of course.

the services are firebase, unity services and playfab. So which one should I use?

2. xjjon

xjjon

PlayFab is more tailored towards game service needs. Easy to setup and has common features already implemented (economy, leaderboards, player accounts, etc)

Firebase is more flexible as it provides lower level cloud services. If you need to store a lot of player data in storage / database then you could combine it with PlayFab.

3. ilberpro

ilberpro

the data contains numbers like "22.25" nothing more than that. I do not think that this is much. but it s for every gameplay so I do not know. What would be the disadvanteges of using firebase. I do not need to use economy feature but sure need a clan feature.

4. xjjon

xjjon

Playfab should fit all your needs and be easier to use (also free up to 100k players). Firebase would be more flexible if you need to store larger amounts of data ( > few MBs). If you were targeting mobile, firebase offers some tools that Playfab does not (such as crash reporting, analytics, app distribution, etc)

ilberpro likes this.