Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question Which observations are RayPerceptionSensor actually collecting?

Discussion in 'ML-Agents' started by victornor, Oct 22, 2023.

1. victornor

victornor

I haven't been able to find a definitive description of what observations the RayPerceptionSensor is actually collecting.

Based on the fact that i can specify which tags it can detect, i assume that an observation about what tag each of the rays are hitting.

Does it observe the distance to each hit? Does it observe each of the rays separately (will it know if ray x is hitting something, but ray y is not?)?

Hope somebody can clarify the actual observations collected by the RayPerceptionSensor.

2. smallg2023

smallg2023

3. victornor

victornor

4. smallg2023

smallg2023

that's for every individual ray yes

victornor likes this.