Search Unity

Audio Which Musicmaker Software do you use?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Peanut8, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Peanut8

Peanut8

Hey :)
    Iam searching a free Musicmaker Software to make some Soundtracks for my Games :)
    Some suggestions? Iam using BoscaCeoil but I dont like this electronik sound :p

2. Mauri

Mauri

There's another free one that I know of called LMMS. If you like it a tiny bit more professional, there's also PreSonus Studio One Prime (free, too).

If you can afford it, buy Cubase Elements, PreSonus Studio One Artist or Ableton Live Intro. All of them have trial versions that you can try out for some days.

For virtual instruments and effects, try out Native Instruments' Komplete Start (free) or buy Komplete Select or any of the other Editions that are available. You can upgrade anytime. Goes along well with the Komplete Kontrol M32 keyboard.

Hope that helps :)

Lunar-Ladder and mgear like this.
  3. sdochertymusic

sdochertymusic

4. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

I use Lmms.

5. Lunar-Ladder

Lunar-Ladder

It's great, although not free.. ;)

Through the years, the ones that are familiar to me are Cubase, Studio One, Live and Reaper. These days I just use the latter two, for pretty much everything. Mauri's post gives you great starting points; today there are so many options in this area, it's mostly down to what suits your own preferences and workflow. If you're starting out and still finding your workflow, try demos of different environments, take your time, and see which one "clicks" the most

Mauri likes this.