Search Unity

Which data does unity collect automatically?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kuro7070, Jan 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuro7070

Kuro7070

Hello guys,
    my app is finished and now I need a Privacy Policy.

I dont use Unity Analytics.
    I read something about Unity and the Privacy Policy and now I´m really scared.

Is Performance Reporting automatically implmented?
    I dont use Multiplayer addons or something else from the assetstore. my game is completly offline and I dont collect any data.
    I use PlayerPrefs for saving the highscore and other numbers but they will be saved on the phone.

My part there are no data collected. So the main problem is, does unity collect data automatically?
    Are there some parts that I should disable? If so, tell me.

I read something about the unity privacy plugin. Do I need that or only if I use unity analytics?

On this page https://unity3d.com/de/legal/privacy-policy I found that unity collects some data. Is that for unity analytics or are that casual data they collect everytime?

"
    I play a game built with Unity software, what should I know?
    Unity has collected some or all of the following information about your device: unique device identifiers (e.g., IDFV for iOS devices and Android ID for Android devices); IP address; country of install (mapped from IP address); device manufacturer and model platform type (iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, etc.) and the operating system and version running on your system or device; language; CPU information such as model, the number of CPUs present, frequency, and instruction set support flags; the graphics card type and vendor name; graphics card driver name and version (e.g., “nv4disp.dll 6.10.93.71”); which graphics API is in use (e.g., “OpenGL 2.1” or “Direct3D 9.0c”); amount of system and video RAM present; current screen resolution; version of the Unity Editor used to create the game; sensor flags (e.g., device support for gyroscope, touch pressure or accelerometer); application or bundle identification (“app ID”) of the game installed; unique advertising identifiers provided for iOS and Android devices (e.g., IDFA or Android Ad ID); and a checksum of all the data that gets sent to verify that it transmitted correctly."

pls help me, because i am scared like a bunny

2. afianydina

afianydina

not understand what the thing you want to describe in this topic

3. Kuro7070

Kuro7070

Does unity collect data from user automatically?
    And are things like Performance Reporting automatically implemented?
    Does I wrote that in the Privacy Policy?
    And on the page from unity privacy policy, does I have to wrote that part(curve part above) in my privacy policy?
    Thats what I mean @afianydina

4. PizzaPie

PizzaPie

Yes Unity collect data from its users, but the term users refer to editor users rather people who play a game created with Unity, which technically are your game's users.
    On the other hand Unity provides the Analytics Service which if enabled lets you collect data from your users, so you ll need a privacy policy if used.

5. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Seems like the section of the details you copied does the job for you. Just include a link to that in your privacy policy. Or if you don't like links, copy out the relevant section based on the engine version you are building with.

Assume this data is collected every time the user runs your game.

6. Kuro7070

Kuro7070

ok guys thank you,
    that helps me a lot
    One more question: is Performance Reporting in unity automatically enabled or not?
    If it is, where can I disable it?
    Thank your for helping

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.