Search Unity

Which asset for creating a Lifeline-like game in 2017?

Discussion in '2D' started by le_sparte, Sep 11, 2017.

1. le_sparte

le_sparte

Hi there,

I'm interested in creating a game like "Lifeline". As you may now, all the game consists in a kind of participative adventure books (or gamebook) with a conversational GUI and notifications to get the user back into the game. Somebody opened a similar thread here and opted for Visual Novel Toolkit, but it's two years old now, and that asset looks outdated. It looks like Ink and Yarn could be useful, but they look technical to me (and the Yarn Editor is quite buggy, with old Github commits).

Is a Twine 2 export with Cradle the best option?

Many thanks for your help!

PS : here's an image of the desired GUI.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  2. le_sparte

le_sparte

Please, help! :)

3. vectorgate

vectorgate

I would like to know the same thing...I tried fungus with unity but it seems not possible ( without extensive scripting) to do this....If someone knows, I would love to know it !!!

4. stutterbox

stutterbox

I thought the asset store would have plenty of options for choose-your-own-adventure style games. Apparently, it doesn't. :(

5. TonyLi

TonyLi

The Dialogue System for Unity (a paid asset) has a free Lifeline-style template called Textline on its Extras page. If you want to try it out, you can download the Dialogue System's free evaluation version. The template is pretty flexible; Inkborne Games created When Silence Fell with it, which doesn't look at all like a Lifeline-style game although when you get down to it, it fundamentally functions like one. When Silence Fell is on sale this week, BTW.