Search Unity

Where's the render settings in Unity 5?

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by Ravel, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Ravel

Ravel

Hey, I recently got an email from Unity to upgrade to the 5th version. So I downloaded the officila beta, but I cant change the sky. So I started searching for render settings and cant find them either. So whats up with that? Is it a beta thing or am I just blind?

Thanks!

2. Andy-Touch

Andy-Touch

A Moon Shaped Bool Unity Technologies

Hello!

In early betas we had a Scene Render Settings panel and a Lightmapping panel, but both would have links or connections to each other (For example, using the current Skybox for the ambient light in a scene). So, everything in Scene Render Settings has been moved to the window called 'Lighting' where you can modify skyboxes, reflections, realtime GI, baked GI, Fog and other bits and pieces. :)

3. Ravel

Ravel

Thanks!
    I was just about to post, that I found an alternative way to change the sky in the examples,
    SampleScenes/Materials/SkyboxProcedural material.

But now I will check out the lighting bit :)
    Also will screen space reflections make it to Unity5 or do I have to do it myself?
    Since I'm currently learning screenspace stuff, GI, Reflections AO etc. etc.

4. Aurore

Aurore

Head of Learn Content Production Unity Technologies

Questions with the Unity 5 Beta need to be kept in the Beta forum.

5. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

It will not be a part of 5.0, but hopefully it will land to 5.1

SunnySunshine and Ravel like this.
  6. Ravel

Ravel

Thanks for the info!

Also, I have a question about plugins, previously it didnt matter what platform I was on, but now 32 bit plugins dont work anymore. Is there a workaround for this? Or do I have to compile my plugins in 64 bit environment aswell?

7. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

Wow! I asked this in another thread and stumbled upon the answer here. So happy to know this!