Search Unity

1. Get the latest news, tutorials and offers directly to your inbox with our newsletters. Sign up now.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Wanted Where's the new Asset Store update?

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by PanthenEye, Feb 2, 2021.

1. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

It's been something like 4 months since the last update, and it was a small one. There are pretty major, long-standing bugs that have been fixed for Unity 2021 integration, but no asset store release is in sight. I can't use 2021 beta, as this is for a game that's live on Steam. The roadmap post promised parallel asset store releases, so is that still happening or has the plan changed and only 2021 will see fixes and updates?

2. RohitMoni

RohitMoni

Unity Technologies

Hi Panthen, dev here. You're right that we've mostly been focusing on getting the integrated package version going. For the asset store version, we're actually in the process right now to bring fixes back. We will be releasing a new version (though I can't say exactly when, timelines can change).

In general: we'll be supporting the asset store version with bug fixes and stability improvements, but I wouldn't expect to see major features / changes being implemented for it. Like you, people are using the asset store version for current live products on Steam and elsewhere so our primary goal is to make sure that Bolt stays stable. Support for the asset store version will probably be through 2023, when Unity 2020 goes out of support.

I hope that provides some answers, let us know if you have any other questions.

jasonasaad2 and ericb_unity like this.
unityunity