Search Unity

Resolved Where's com.unity.ugui package hosted?

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Favo-Yang, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Favo-Yang

Favo-Yang

Hi there,

Anyone knows that where's com.unity.ugui package hosted? The package placed into manifest.json by default. But I can not find it on the official registry (packages.unity.com)

$ openupm view com.unity.ugui --registry="https://packages.unity.com"
    ERR! 404 package not found: com.unity.ugui

Is it a module, like "com.unity.modules.*"?

2. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Greetings.

The team have told me that Ii's hosted in the unity internal packages list. Are you seeing it there?

3. Favo-Yang

Favo-Yang

Thanks for the info. Good to know it's on the internal packages list.

I saw it in many projects manifest.json, along with those com.unity.modules.* packages. Because my command-line tool openupm-cli will verify the dependency chain when adding a new package to the manifest.json. It complains about missing dependency com.unity.ugui package when adding the com.unity.textmeshpro package (com.unity.textmeshpro depends on com.unity.ugui)

May I get a list of internal packages that didn't follow the "com.unity.modules" naming pattern? What I known is com.unity.ugui and com.unity.2d.sprite.

4. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

The list of internal packages could be changing all the time, and they are different depending on which version you're using.

However, you can find all builtIn packages in the `\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages` folder under Windows.

mitaywalle likes this.
  5. Favo-Yang

Favo-Yang

Thanks, that's useful.

UnityMaru likes this.