Search Unity

Where to start?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Jdawg135, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Jdawg135

Jdawg135

Hi! Just bought the 1year premium bundle and jumped in, excited to get started, but there doesn't appear to be any clear "START HERE" or roadmap for me to follow. I don't know anything beyond some python and a bit of AI, can someone please point me in the right direction.

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Click the "Learn" link at the top of this page.

JeffDUnity3D likes this.
  3. Antypodish

Antypodish

Any reason you bought a bundle, with 0 prior experience?
    But yes, there are tons of very good free Unity resources and tutorial on internet for starters. Probably much better and reach than bundle can offer.

One thing to know is, always use Unity version, same as per tutorial you follow. Whatever the source cone from.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I've purchased training materials when I was new, even before I really should be paying anything, it was simply a motivation for me. However it's an expensive solution for motivation! Like auditing a college class vs taking for credit, I would never do the homework unless I was actually enrolled.

5. Antypodish

Antypodish

I agree on that @JeffDUnity3D. Only difference is, if you would use part of your course as hobby, you would attempt to find any resources available (including paid one), to study in own time anyway. But you can skip all thing you are not interested with (not always good, sure). Same applies to paid / free courses.