Search Unity

1. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Participate with students all over the world and build projects to teach people. Join now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to start

Discussion in 'Connected Games' started by zarvin, Dec 6, 2018 at 10:11 AM.

1. zarvin

zarvin

Ok so I just finished creating the basics to my vr game which is basically just going to be wow arenas but in vr :p. But I'm a complete noob when it comes to networking and don't even know what type of server to make (if there's different ones lol) or even how to code them. that being said I have two questions.

1. So for tiny arena maps that only connect anywhere from 2-6 players (1v1,2v2,3v3) what kind of servers (or configuration) should I use and if you know any place that can give an in depth guide on how to create these kinds of servers that would be much appreciated.(I'm down to pay for the guide if there isn't any free ones)

2.(May or may not be related to networking) Does anyone have any guides or descriptions on how to implement steam friends and parting into my game definitely going to need info on this as well lol.

Thank you to all the bros in advance who help me out! hope y'all have a good day!