Search Unity

Where to learn PHP programming language?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by iWoundPwn, Jan 2, 2014.

1. iWoundPwn

iWoundPwn

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can link me some videos that teach PHP, I could use this to develop a site for my project I am working on, and for further site projects as well! Thanks!

2. Komikusac

Komikusac

Are you looking to make a promotional site or you need it for your game's server needs?
    For the first, you might look into using already developed CMS systems like Joomla and such.
    If you need it for serving and communicating with your game then using database connections and echoing data from them while retrieving that data using a WWW unity function would be the way to go.

3. iWoundPwn

iWoundPwn

Promotional site that is going to be on a server, which I heard PHP is good for.

4. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

If you don't need any backend programming you can do the whole thing in HTML / JavaScript... no need for PHP. If you need backend and need to code it yourself, there are loads of PHP tutorials out there but if you already know C# you could look at using something like ASP .NET MVC and getting a cheap host through GoDaddy.

If you need a content management system there are tons out there. Joomla was mentioned above, but it's like using a sledgehammer to drive a finishing nail if all you need is something simple. On the PHP front WordPress would solve that need for you. If you really do need a sledgehammer, I prefer Drupal over Joomla but that's just personal preference.

On the .NET Site you could look at something like BlogEngine (on the simple side, like WordPress) or if you need something heavier look at Kentico (very extensible but administration and editing has a huge learning curve) or DotNetNuke (easy to setup and use but they'll spam the crap out of your email).

5. devinrayolsen

devinrayolsen