Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to give feedback about official packages?

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by LazloBonin, Jan 22, 2020.

1. LazloBonin

LazloBonin

Hi,

I've found some issues in the FBX Exporter official package and they're fairly easy to fix.

But I don't know where to report them. Is there a github/bitbucket repository? Is there a forum?

All I can find is the documentation page.

2. AskCarol

AskCarol

Hello! You can definitely report it here and I will make sure that the team is aware and others with the issue can find the solution. Thanks for contributing!

3. LazloBonin

LazloBonin

Hi @AskCarol !

Thanks, I didn't reply here because I found their github repository for the FBX Exporter package.

But now I have the same issue with the official Settings Manager package. I have feedback to provide, but nowhere to post it. What is the general purpose solution for this?

4. ethan_jl_unity

ethan_jl_unity

Unity Technologies

5. LazloBonin

LazloBonin

Hi Ethan, thanks for chiming in.

In this case it's not a bug report, but rather a feature request / design issue.

The package does not allow to display User Settings (EditorPrefs) separately from Project Settings, while under the hood they are properly separated in the same settings instance.

Is there no point of contact to give feedback to package teams other than the bug reporter?

6. ethan_jl_unity

ethan_jl_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi there,
    If it is a feature request, then posting on the forum is in general a good practice (although the ways teams handle forums are very different and response times also vary).

Package Manager forum is really related to the general infrastructure and UX experience of Package Manager. Each package is developed and handled by different team and we don't have much knowledge of them either.

I'll try and see which team is in charge of the user settings package, but my guess would be that it's more related to the Unity editor team.

In the meantime, maybe the https://forum.unity.com/forums/editor-general-support.10/ forum is a good place to start?

Best,
    Ethan