Search Unity

Where to get Tizen Support for Unity

Discussion in 'Tizen' started by Masterfalcon, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Hello all!

For those users who are just getting started I wanted to let you know where exactly to get the Tizen installer.

Go to the page in the following link and select "Tizen support for editor" from the Additional Downloads menu.

http://unity3d.com/get-unity/download?ref=personal

Thanks!

David Rogers

Indhu likes this.
  2. skaljac

skaljac

Tizen support link is missing for
    Patch 5.1.0p1
    Can you please publish the link?

3. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

4. meapps

meapps

Is the Unity 5.1.1f1 also supported?

5. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Yes, of course! Tizen support is now available from the Additional Downloads menu on the Unity download page. No more need for special links.

6. meapps

meapps

try the patched version: 5.1.1p3 couldnt get the exporter working and also unity was unstable.
    Tizen SDK has also problems with Windows 8.1

7. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

What problems are you encountering? As much detail as you can provide would help a lot. Are you able to deploy any samples from the Tizen IDE? That is the first troubleshooting step.

8. meapps

meapps

the SDK don't works on Windows 8.1 and I get when I tried exporting the Error message: Default profile path is not set in the Tizen CLI configuration

9. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Are there any spaces in the full path to your Unity project? At this time the Tizen SDK tools will fail if there are spaces anywhere in the path. I have seen the same error that you are encountering and putting the project in a place that has no spaces in the path resolved the build problem.

10. elfoniok2

elfoniok2

Hey meapp please read this first!
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/tizen-setup.html have you set up your SDK and Unity properly according to this?

I have different problem. First of all is Tizen support a separate thing for Unity 5.2.1f1 ? Because when i go to additional downloads i have "File not found." error.

Maybe since 5.2 Tizen support is build in? I have some Tizen module already loaded. So i tried to deploy empty unity project on Tizen machine. (Yes i am able to deploy test native project from Tizen SDK to test machine its working no errors, signing is also working).

However when i try to build Unity Project (that is Build i dont even try to push it and run). I am getting error that in ProjectPath\Temp\StagingArea\build\ *.tpk file was not found so Unity cant copy it to main project directory. And thats it. Unit is right it cant find any tpk file because there is no inside this folder. What is inside is only some ELF file which is not ready tpk package. So something with build went wrong but i dont know what?

Please Help.

11. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

@elfoniok2 Please post the editor log from a failed build. Thanks!

12. playalong

playalong

We can't seem to make a Samsung TV Tizen build, keep getting this message, installed all the certs in the Tizen SDK
    "Default profile path is not set in the Tizen CLI configuration"

Also do you need to have the Samsung TV's Device ID (DUID) in order to sidled apps on to a Tizen TV?

13. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Hi Playalong. If you have a 2015 TV (these run Tizen) that is a model that we support:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/the-way-to-find-unity-compatible-tv.348988/

You will be able to deploy to the TV using our Samsung TV target. Here's some getting started instructions:
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/samsungtv-gettingstarted.html

If you have any further questions you can contact either Jaehyun or myself (the Samsung TV Unity guys) for answers here: http://forum.unity3d.com/forums/samsung-smart-tv.66/

14. playalong

playalong

Hi Alex, Thanks for you quick reply, yes we have a 2015 tv that supports Tizen, we have now managed to make a build, Don't know how to get this on to a TV, whats you email to contact either you or Jaehyun - Do we need the DUiD? if so how do we get it?

15. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

It's much easier if you install the unity launcher on the TV. You can find it in the information section of the samsung TV store. Don't worry it's a free app. Once you have that on the TV then it's just a matter of putting the ip of the TV into the player settings on unity and deploying directly to the TV. This works best if you have the TV on the network via a network cable. We've discovered that if the TV is on wifi the transfer protocol doesn't handle dropped packets very well.

16. playalong

playalong

Hi Alex, Is this to deploy Tizen apps on Tizen Samsung TV's? where on Tizen player setting do we input the IP of TV, looks different to Samsung TV player settings

Also I read we can sideload via USB, if so do you know how?

17. playalong

playalong

Alex, We came across this - notice, does this means we can't test apps on Tizen?
    Known Issue (2015/Sep/24)
    • You can't test an application with partner or platform privilege on TV
    • You can't use author certificate and device profile which are issued from SamsungDForum server. (You can use only locally made certificates)

18. playalong

playalong

we are also getting this error, did you ever get a fix?

19. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

For the Tizen TV you currently can not use Unity's Tizen Mobile build target. It is not supported on Tizen TV. You will need to use Unity's Samsung TV build target instead.

20. playalong

playalong

Hi Alex,

If we use Unity Samsung TV build is that a Samsung Tizen build or not?

21. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

The Samsung TV build supports the Tizen 2015 TVs yes.

22. playalong

playalong

Great, we tried to install our app using the 2015 Unity launcher - but nothing is installing or being displayed on the TV - however something runs in the editor - I think some kind of debugging, any ideas?

23. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

24. playalong

playalong

Alex, Managed to get app on to TV now - thanks (USB stick has to be used)

25. BAnyBudde

BAnyBudde

I was wondering if there was any Ad support for Tizen? We have two games featured on their stores and NO ads in place which really sucks LOL. Check them out 'Hiro Ninja' & 'Hiro in Winterland'.

26. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

I know that Unity Ads doesn't support Tizen but I really don't know about any other solutions.

27. BAnyBudde

BAnyBudde

Any idea if they will support Tizen in the near future?

28. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

I don't know, but it wouldn't hurt to put in a feature request for Unity Ads support.

29. BAnyBudde

BAnyBudde

Great Idea, where could I do that exactly?

30. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

31. BAnyBudde

BAnyBudde