Search Unity

Question Where to get the shaders for Projector component?

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Grix, Dec 17, 2022.

1. Grix

Grix

Hi, I need to project decals etc on a surface, so I am trying to use the Projector component and following this tutorial: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-Projector.html

However, I am met with a roadblock. The tutorial says "The material must use the Projector/Light or Projector/Multiply shaders, available in Unity’s Standard Assets." The given link to the Standard Assets leads to a broke asset store page, the asset is no longer available. The title of the dead asset suggest an alternative (Starter Assets: First Person & Third Person) but these do not contain the shaders I am looking for as far as I can see.

Where are these shaders? Or otherwise, how do I use the projector component without them?

2. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

Phil_42 and Grix like this.
  3. Grix

Grix

4. Stardog

Stardog

5. goblin_gamer

goblin_gamer

I am also having this issue. I just set the texture to the cookie and now it doesn't project anything. Has anyone found a solution to this?

6. KillDashNine

KillDashNine

The shaders come with the Standard Assets 2018.4 package, Light and Multiply shaders. The cookie needs to have a material with default mode image that has a transparent border of at least 1 pixel.

7. Jafar_M

Jafar_M

is there a way to make green the alpha channel rather than white?