Search Unity

Where to get older versions of Cinemachine?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by bagle45, Mar 20, 2018.

1. bagle45

bagle45

Hi All,
    We're looking to integrate Cinemachine into an existing project that uses Unity 5.5, but it seems that this version of Unity is not supported by the current version of Cinemachine in the asset store. Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain an older version of Cinemachine that is compatible with Unity 5.5?

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You'd have to go very far back to support 5.5. Would you be willing to upgrade to 5.6? You'd get a much more recent version of CM, with close to full functionality.

3. bagle45

bagle45

Hi Gregoryl, Thanks for the prompt reply!
    That is something we would consider if there is no other option. Ideally, it would be great to try a version compatible with 5.5, and if it falls short of what we need, then go ahead and upgrade to version 5.6.

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You'd have to go back to CM 1.2, about 1 year ago. It's changed a lot since then, and we can't guarantee being able to support it. I've attached that version here.

When you import it for 5.5, be sure to uncheck Timeline, Blackboard, and PostFX. Otherwise you will get errors.

However, I do recommend upgrading to 5.6 and using a much more recent version of CM.

Attached Files:

5. bagle45

bagle45

Thanks heaps for that Gregoryl! I'll give this a try and see how we go.

6. Rich_A

Rich_A

We need the Asset Store to provide old versions. We shouldn't have to resort to Unity Devs posting archives in the forums.

This is particularly a problem with all the changes brought with 2018.