Search Unity

Where to find the Facebook Documentation for pre-Unity5 SDK (6.22)

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by AlanGameDev, Jan 17, 2016.

1. AlanGameDev

AlanGameDev

Hello there.

Disclaimer: I don't know if I've posted in the correct subforum, I couldn't decide between this one (Docs), "External Tools" and "Scripting", but I've seen thread about non-Unity docs on this one, so I've decided to go with it, I'm going to let my good friend Hippocoder know in any case :p.

I'm still using Unity 4, and I'm using the official Facebook SDK, however, the latest one available that supports v4 is the 6.22, and many things changed since then.
    The problem I'm having is that the online docs are updated to reflect the latest version (7.3), and I can't find any docs on this version I'm using. I feel like I'm dumbly missing something extremely obvious, but I've checked the SDK package and there's no docs in it I could find, and also tried Googling and even attempted some crazy wild guesses like for example, the URL for the current docs is:
    developers.facebook.com/docs/unity/reference/current
    so I've tried
    developers.facebook.com/docs/unity/reference/6.22
    and also 6_22 but no deal :(.

The Facebook guys can't be *THAT* dumb to simply trash the docs for the last version that works with v4, specially considering that quite a few people are still using it, so I guess who's being dumb here is me :).

Any ideas on how to get the docs for the 'Facebook SDK for Unity' version 6.22?

Thanks in advance.

2. duck

duck

Unity Technologies

Hi BeliarTheEvil,

I'm not familiar with the Facebook SDK documentation but I will ask around and see if one of the developers involved can give you a response here.

3. AlanGameDev

AlanGameDev

OK. Thank you. I never knew the devs of the Facebook SDK for Unity were in this forum. I don't actually need the docs at the moment, but you never know... and perhaps it also will be useful for other users because it's a little bit of a pain when things don't work as expected and you don't know if it's because they've changed, so you keep looking at the changelog because the docs you're using aren't for the correct version.