Search Unity

Where to find scene settings with hdrp

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by matt1101, Feb 5, 2020.

1. matt1101

matt1101

I've never been able to find the scene settings, i've been looking for tutorials and everything. It's just not there where it is with everyone else.

2. brunocoimbra

brunocoimbra

Are you talking about the Scene tab on Window/Rendering/Lighting Settings?

3. matt1101

matt1101

Yes it's in Window/Rendering/Lighting Settings but there is nothing there.

4. brunocoimbra

brunocoimbra

Which version of Unity and HDRP are you using? Here on 2019.3.0f6 and latest HDRP package everything is fine

5. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Are you trying to follow this?

I ask because there's now a lot of people asking for that scene settings menu entry shown on that video. It does not exist on HDRP anymore, nor you need it. Default HDRP scene comes with one already if you've run through HDRP Wizard (which I believe didn't exist yet when those old and now outdated HDRP tutorials were made).

6. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

I recommend people start a new project on HDRP not migrate to it because pretty much every setting will need to be changed.

It's worth just doing a test like that to learn it. Open the template scene and start dropping assets into it and setting them up yourself, because you need to learn that regardless. The auto upgrade process is going to teach nothing.

Moved this thread out of alpha and into the normal HDRP forum.

7. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

unityunity