Search Unity

where to find buildslave directory

Discussion in 'Asset Bundles' started by unity_6SEi-NKWHCuK-A, Feb 23, 2019.

1. unity_6SEi-NKWHCuK-A

unity_6SEi-NKWHCuK-A

Hello
    I'm new with unity and I have a question about buildslave. where I can find this folder in my PC and how I can fix this issue. I don't have any folder under c:\ named buildslave.

/////////////////////////////
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 4 errors
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x00234] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:190
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x0007f] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:96
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    ///////////////////////////

before it was 2 errors, I found a similar question and someone gives an answer, by deleting the plugin inside assets folder. I delete it and return it back.

I have other errors:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Found plugins with same names, Packages/com.unity.xiaomi/ChannelPurchase.dll and Assets/Plugins/UnityChannel/ChannelPurchase.dll. Delete the one of the duplicate plugins.
    2. UnityEditor.AndroidPluginImporterExtension:CheckFileCollisions(String)
    3. UnityEditorInternal.PluginsHelper:CheckFileCollisions(BuildTarget) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Plugins/PluginsHelper.cs:25)
    4. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Build completed with a result of 'Failed'
    2. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

2. Illasera

Illasera

4 years later bump, Where is the buildslave directory to be found?

3. AndrewSkow

AndrewSkow

Unity Technologies

Hi! That path is a "red herring" and not actually referring to a file on your machine. Instead it's the path of the source code that compiled on some Unity build server when it was compiling Unity, it is just being shown as part of a callstack to show detail of what code had trouble. That path is not very useful for users looking at the logs but can help us when we look at a log in a bug report.

I would recommend to ignore those paths and study the other earlier lines of the log file to look for clues of the nature of the failure.

4. Illasera

Illasera

Thanks, It wasn't about that, Its mostly due to genius unity developers (I see you are one?)

As for old unity 5.x decided to make logs appear in your %appdata% folder without option to disable it
    And if are lucky enough to have windows on your SSD, that means the logs keep writing to your SSD, tearing it.

I wanted to make sure there isn't FURTHER tearing beyond what you guys are already doing by having MORE writing operations.