Search Unity

Where to download UnitySetup-Metro-Support-for-Editor-2017.2.0p1-MRTP4.exe

Discussion in 'VR' started by ezrapang, Nov 9, 2017.

1. ezrapang

ezrapang

2. LawrenceBarbarian

LawrenceBarbarian

Same boat - though I am trying to resolve other issues with Hololense development.
    Go to the URL below and download the UnityDownloadAssistant.exe and then run it. (select all the options).

It will auto-find your existing install of Unity2017.2.0p1-MRTP4 and update accordingly. There is also a link to download the install for Unity2017.2.0p1-MRTP4 at the URL below.

Once done you'll have the Universal Windows Platform option when you open up File > Build Settings.

http://beta.unity3d.com/download/b1565bfe4a0c/download.html

Attached Files:

3. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

4. LawrenceBarbarian

LawrenceBarbarian

Yep.

Assuming you have 2017.2.0p1-MRTP4 installed (That's the version you'll install if you use the Windows64/EditorInstaller/UnitySetup64.exe link at the beta URL I posted).

Then download and run the UnityDownLoadAsstant.exe (again from the beta link I posted) and it will install everything you need into Unity 2017.2.0p1-MRTP4 (that should already be installed).

Hope that helps
    -lt

5. ezrapang

ezrapang

Thanks for the great help. It works. However, for my case, the "Unity C# Projects" option is being grey out.

grey-off.JPG

Any idea what causes that to happen?

6. oliran

oliran

I think you need to go to Player Settings and under "Other Settings" change Scripting Backend to .NET to be able to use the C# files.

7. pfreese

pfreese

Unity Technologies

It should work properly if you enable Metro support when you do the initial install using the download assistant. As others have pointed out, you can rerun the assistant to download components you missed with the initial install.

8. juanzhao5

juanzhao5

I have the Hololens and the Samsung Mixed Reality Headset. It's my newbie understanding that I need 2 different Unity versions to work with each?

"Unity 2017.1.2f1 for building the HoloLens app
    Unity 2017.2.0f3-MRTP3 for building the Mixed Reality app"

And that for a long time 2 versions of the Holotoolkit ( now called Mixed reality toolkit ) were needed
    The Mixed Reality Toolkit master branch for Hololens
    The Mixed Reality Toolkit Dev_Unity_2017.2.0 branch for MR Headset

The 2017.2.0f3-MRTP3 reference was from a blog post early this november.
    now i see here a post from early November talking about 2017.2.0p1-MRTP4

But which one is the latest and greatest?!
    2017.2.0f3-MRTP3 sounds newer than 2017.2.0p1-MRTP4 if you look at the F3 since i heard somewhere F3 stands for final. But then i heard somewhere else that the MRTP part stands for branch of unity strictly for Mixed Reality Apps ( not Hololens ) and so MRTP4 sounds newer than MRTP3.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  9. Pithos

Pithos

As for the letters Unity uses:

In order, I've seen:
    a - alpha
    b - beta
    f - final (used for release candidates one of which becomes the "real" version)
    p - patch (patches released after the final version)

So 2017.2.0f3-MRTP3 is MRTP #3 based on 2017.2.0f3. 2017.2.0p1-MRTP4 is MRTP #4 based on the (newer) 2017.2.0p1.

juanzhao5 likes this.
  10. juanzhao5

juanzhao5

Thanks Pithos. So let me guess this straight.... I can use the same Mixed Reality Toolkit "HoloToolkit-Unity-v1.2017.2.0.unitypackage" found at https://github.com/Microsoft/MixedR....0/HoloToolkit-Unity-v1.2017.2.0.unitypackage

Otherwise known as "The Master Branch"
    in both editors.

But i still have to use two editors to address the Hololens vs MR Headset?
    And im fine using the latest visual studio 15.4.4 for both development streams?

11. ezrapang

ezrapang

Yes. The option "Unity C# Projects" is now enabled. Thanks.

12. juanzhao5

juanzhao5

Attached Files:

13. ezrapang

ezrapang

Yes. I have already rerun the download assistant and installed the missing components. Thanks.

14. juanzhao5

juanzhao5

ok thanks exrapang.. im going to nuke my C:\Program Files\Unity_2017.1.2f1 folder and rerun the download assistant for Unity_2017.1.2f1

fyi im not seeing "Enable Metro Support" .. screeenshot attached. Here goes....

Attached Files:

15. ezrapang

ezrapang

I just rerun the download assistant and installed the two missing components.
    installed_missing.JPG

16. juanzhao5

juanzhao5

ok it works! thanks.

shalanore likes this.
  17. problim

problim

I have the Odyssey and HoloLens as well. And I am just about to start the same setup journey.
    Were you able to get the Unity player to work with the MR Portal simulator?

18. NainBreton

NainBreton

hello I have a problem when I create the build in my unity 5.6 throws me 400 errors about the target that are not found and can not run certain libraries and methods, below I attach an image, I do not know if they could explain how to solve that since these errors only gives me in a project with others created in the same version does not happen to me the same. I'm sorry if the post is a bit ugly but I do not know English xD

upload_2019-4-2_12-30-42.png

the other lines of error are referring to the fact that certain methods can not be executed, such as the getBufer among others, marking the target as the starting point.