Search Unity

Where to ask for help on a game?

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by Viva-La-Baz, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Viva-La-Baz

Viva-La-Baz

With the sub forums removed for paid and unpaid work. Where would one ask for help on a title I've been working on for a year odd?

2. Murgilod

Murgilod

Unity Connect.

3. Ryiah

Ryiah

4. Viva-La-Baz

Viva-La-Baz

Thanks guys. Unity connect is terrible though. How do you even post a job on Connect? I filled everything in and press post but nothing happens. It doesn't load to another page or anything, it just stays on the same page

5. Unknown33

Unknown33

6. Rich_A

Rich_A

I'd suggest cross-posting to both Reddit and https://www.gamejobforum.com. Within your Reddit post you can include a link to your posting on gamejobforum.com

The problem with Reddit is that you can't embed images or videos, you need to repost a whole new thread in order to get visibility, and its search function and categorisation is poor. Its only advantage is raw numbers.

Gamejobforum has all the features that Reddit lacks, but is still starting out - it was formed two months ago and has 123 registered members, and 40 freelancer profiles posted.

As a hirer as well, its much, much easier to browse GameJobForum for freelancers than Reddit or Unity Connect. Being able to see embedded images/videos and have everything properly categorised makes a huge difference.