Search Unity

Where to ask about Unite events?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davenirline, Sep 12, 2018.

1. davenirline

davenirline

There's no specific forum for this so I might as well try here.

I'm looking at Unite Singapore this November. Is it really just one day? Other Unites are usually 2-3 days. Was wondering if this is still subjected to changes. I want to know for plane ticket purchase purposes.

Where can I see the schedule and topics? It's seems it's not up yet. If it's just one day and I can't know the topics, maybe it's not worth the money to attend.

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

Unite Singapore is just over two months away. Topics listed now could very easily change before the actual event and if people are booking based on the topics then there would be problems if they were suddenly no longer available. For that matter they might not even know all of the talks yet.

By the way I noticed that the Unity Plus subscription deal includes the ticket. I wonder if this will become a regular offer.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/unite-singapore-2018-tickets-49276203451

3. davenirline

davenirline

They're offering an early bird discount but they're making it harder to decide if the topics are still unlisted. Aside from event tickets, we also have to secure plane tickets which is another shaky thing to decide because we're not sure how many days the event would be.

4. mgear

mgear

5. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

That's literally why they offer a discount. It's to offset the incomplete information about the event.

Melbourne Unite is also only a single day.

6. samizzo

samizzo

Yeah the APAC Unites all seem to be one day only. Imho the content at the European and US conferences often seems to be a lot more detailed and in-depth than the APAC conferences. The subscription offer + ticket seems like an ok deal though if you were going to go anyway.

Sam