Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to advertise for Windows games?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by seon, May 24, 2007.

1. seon

seon

Ok, so we seem to have the Mac websites covered for Turret Wars, but we are struggling to find places to list it for Windows users.

We have listed it on Betanews.com (usually a good puller for windows apps, not so much for games it seems) and we are still waiting for our listing on downloads.com to appear, but where else? Any suggestions?

Our PC download numbers are tiny compared to Mac downloads, and yes, before you all jump in saying.. who cares about windows users... they make up 50% or more of the casual gaming community.

Any ideas of where we can promote Turret Wars for Windows?

And BTW... for those that are interested, our download stats are 11,500 total downloads in just under a month, of which over 10,000 are Mac downloads.

And BTW... for those that are interested, our download stats are 11,500 total downloads in just under a month, of which over 10,000 are Mac downloads.

2. The MC

The MC

Dunno if you're interested in forum advertising or not... but the most popular gaming forum I know is NeoGAF...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum

3. seon

seon

WOW.. never seen so many active users on a forum at once before.. thats crazy!

I have emailed them re advertising rates. Thanks :)

4. The MC

The MC

No problem, good luck.

5. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

Seon, I'm also going to be posting to gametunnel.com, avault, gamespy, gamespot, indieinformer, casualreview and gamershell tomorrow.

6. seon

seon

Sheesh David: That looks like a lot of work ! Hahaha...