Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

where the asset store packages are saved in my computer, if ...

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by 7loop7, Jan 29, 2011.

1. 7loop7

7loop7

when I download something from the asset store I can import it at the time, but I dont have idea how to access this packages later to import them from another project.
    are them saved in my computer anyway?
    where??

------------------
    Im sorry if this is a very stupid question... but couldnt find an answer..
    I did a quick search here and at unityanswers and couldnt find info. at uAnswers there where a topic about this with an answer saying the location is at ...\Unity\Editor\Standard Packages but there are the standar ones only, not the ones I download from the asset store.
    the asset store program didnt gave any lead either, I think!!
    help? :eek:

carxs8710 likes this.
  2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

You can import them using the asset store; go to the downloads tab and click import.

--Eric

3. Logistic-Win

Logistic-Win

I am trying to find the location of the downloaded files also. Where are they?

4. Dreamora

Dreamora

in the unity folder within your users appdata/local or local low, not sure out of head

but as mentioned, you can just import it through the asset store, saves you from keeping them around everywhere. the store will list the owned stuff on any machine you access it with your account :)

5. GarethF

GarethF

Is it safe to delete the files? Say you hypothetically want to make space by deleting some assets you aren't using. Surely you're not stuck with them forever once downloaded?