Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Where should we post jobs, now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sun-Dog, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Sun-Dog

Sun-Dog

Connect is dead and nearly impossible to use. The job forums here are closed to drive whatever heat they can to connect. Are there any other community sites that are active and well visited by talent?

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

3. N1warhead

N1warhead

I don't necessarily think 'Connect' is dead, it's just not really being pushed for people to notice it. Not just that, but the implementation of it, is lets just say, subpar to any real job board. So if you don't know how to use it, you will go elsewhere.

I've tried checking it out a few times, and ends up being so much more hassle than it was worth.
    I loved the Job Forums, they were simple, straight to the point. Not a bunch of filtering, going back to job search just to have to filter again, etc.

But aside from that, google really is your friend in this case. YOu can find thousands of Unity jobs just searching for something specific E.G. "Unity3d Programming Jobs hiring" and you'll see all sorts of things, however a lot of them are through consulting agencies, and whether they are legit I can not say.

Aside from that, I can't really think of any real dedicated websites in pursuit of this.

Never seen the link @Ryiah posted. I'm gonna check it out now too lol.

EDIT:
    https://www.gamedevmap.com/ This is a nice link to check out. You can look at a map of studios so you can look at there websites if they are hiring, etc.

4. Sun-Dog

Sun-Dog

Thanks for the tips!

Actually, I'm trying to _post_ a job.

Well, a quote at first. I'm working up a budget, so I need some round numbers, but I would also like to get a list of potential artists together who could fill my needs.

I assume that I could just start trawling sites for 3D artists, but having an artist that is Unity savvy and in the ecosystem would help.

I agree that Connect is just a mess. Nothing is discoverable. Everything is over complicated. It all seems to be custom built by people with no planning or experience in what they are doing.

Oh well...

5. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

Best place to find artists is at artstation

6. Sun-Dog

Sun-Dog

Thanks! I tried again to post a job and finally just gave up in disgust. I'll look at artstation!

7. Sun-Dog

Sun-Dog

8. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

9. Rich_A

Rich_A