Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Where on Earth is the button for a diffchecker?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Exabits, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Exabits

Exabits

I've seen oodles of posts with differing layouts and the such pointing out how easy it is to see the differences between your current script that you're working on, and another from the past. I can't find the little eyeball button anywhere and I've hovered too. I'm using 2020.2.6f1 and I can't find it anywhere. Any help?

[EDIT]: Just learned that you still can't compare pushed files and have to download them gorilla style just to compare. Why hasn't this been streamlined when it was already a planned feature (according to a few posts) back in 2017??? Seriously, this should be mainstream and yet it's still totally shagged. What was the point of downloading a diffchecker if I can't check pushed files just in case I screwed something up? I don't want to completely revert either, too much work.

[EDIT2]: Also Collaborate 1.8.0 is also totally shagged, why release a version that barely works on certain projects?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  2. Exabits

Exabits

If you're curious as to what I'm seeing, I've left this photo for you. upload_2021-8-9_1-39-55.png