Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 beta is now available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for insight from anyone who has experience with game testing to help us better Unity. Take our survey here. If chosen to participate you'll be entered into a sweepstake to win an Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Where is Unity Mobile Notifications Package?

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by BoatBest, Feb 4, 2019.

1. BoatBest

BoatBest

I saw this manual from Unity but I couldn't use it like there is no AndroidNotificationChannel() for me to use and also I try to find the namespace and it said like Unity.Notifications.Android but still couldn't implement that no the code. So would someone please help me about this like what is this manual and how can I use it.
    Many thanks in advance!
    Link is here https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.mobile.notifications@1.0/manual/

2. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

3. BoatBest

BoatBest

4. BoatBest

BoatBest

I already follow the installation steps for Mobile Notifications Package, but still can't use the namespace Unity.Notifications.Android & Unity.Notifications.iOS like the manual said that after using these namespace we can use its class and method.
    Also there are 6 warning after I downloaded the package. What are these talking about and do I have to fix something?

/Users/Library/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.mobile.notifications@1.0.0-preview.8/Runtime/Android/AndroidNotificationCenter.cs(482,20): warning CS0414: The private field `Unity.Notifications.Android.AndroidNotificationCenter.AndroidSDK' is assigned but its value is never used

/Users/Library/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.mobile.notifications@1.0.0-preview.8/Editor/UnityNotificationEditorManager.cs(405,25): warning CS0219: The variable `textXxhdpi' is assigned but its value is never used

/Users/Library/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.mobile.notifications@1.0.0-preview.8/Editor/UnityNotificationEditorManager.cs(480,17): warning CS0219: The variable `textureFormat' is assigned but its value is never used

/Users/Library/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.mobile.notifications@1.0.0-preview.8/Editor/UnityNotificationsEditorManagerEditor.cs(36,22): warning CS0414: The private field `Unity.Notifications.UnityNotificationsEditorManagerEditor.identifierLabelText' is assigned but its value is never used

/Users/Library/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.mobile.notifications@1.0.0-preview.8/Editor/UnityNotificationsEditorManagerEditor.cs(37,22): warning CS0414: The private field `Unity.Notifications.UnityNotificationsEditorManagerEditor.typeLabelText' is assigned but its value is never used

/Users/boat/Library/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.mobile.notifications@1.0.0-preview.8/Runtime/iOS/iOSNotificationCenter.cs(663,60): warning CS0067: The event `Unity.Notifications.iOS.AuthorizationRequest.OnAuthRequest' is never used

Thank you in advance again sir!!!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  5. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

@BoatBest. Can I ask you to post your question again in the thread I linked above? Thanks!

BoatBest likes this.
  6. BoatBest

BoatBest

I already posted it, but just for warning question because I got the namespace already. I just have to reopen Unity and IDE. hahaha