Search Unity

Where is the upgrade button on this package?

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by nsxdavid, Jan 31, 2020.

1. nsxdavid

nsxdavid

The package manager is a great concept, but the UI can sometimes just leave you wondering what's going on.

For example, in this image, you can see that the Post Processing package I have installed is 2.1.7. And yet there is a 2.3.0 version as well. But there is no way to upgrade to it. The buttons are hidden and it has a unhelpful check mark which indicates there is no upgrade.

I can see no dependency that is restricting it in the info, nor in the changelog. I'm on Unity 2019.2.5, but there are references to older versions of Unity in the various changelogs past this 2.1.7 version... suggesting strongly there is no Unity version incompatibility.

If that is the problem, just hiding the install/upgrade button without saying WHY is far from helpful.

Any ideas?
    Screenshot_013120_114023_AM.jpg

2. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @nsxdavid,

Thank you for your feedback. We were unable to reproduce in 2019.2.5f1. Would you mind submitting a bug? If you share your project with the bug, it will be easier to try reproducing the issue on our end.

Thank you again!

Pascal

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

You need to select the 2.1.7 package to see the upgrade button.

Or, go to your project directory, open "manifest.json" that is in the Packages folder in a text editor, locate the Post Processing line and delete it. Restart your project afterwards and the package manager should propose the right version to be installed.

4. nsxdavid

nsxdavid

The button wasn't there when selecting 2.1.7....

BUT... the problem was not you guys, it was me. I had the package manually installed, perhaps because I needed to change something at some point. Trying to sort out what happened.

So was my fault! But it would be nice, though, if there was an indicator that a package is manually installed (in the Package folder) as a reminder in these circumstances.

David