Search Unity

where is the two-stick shooter tutorial gone?

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by Ashkan_gc, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Ashkan_gc

Ashkan_gc

I wanted to come back to ECS after a while and could not find the two-stick shooter tutorial again. is it replaced or what?
    I can easily understand the samples (hello world and boids) but the manual for that described what works in hybrid mode and what can be done from where and … I saw that feature details has one page per feature and I'll go through that but is there any conceptual glue sort of doc where it says, ok these stuff can be done form the main thread, entity manager has these limitations and … like the old two-stick shooter tutorial which described all approaches?

Thanks

2. Soaryn

Soaryn

Twin Stick shooter uses a LOT of features that are marked Deprecated. I think if you are wanting a full encompassing "game" like sample, MegaCity will be your best bet around (from what I understand) GDC. That is roughly around March.

The Hello samples are probably some of the better samples they have had for a bit. Trimmed down and to the point.

As for what can and cannot be done in main thread vice versa, no I don't think that there is really one at the moment. I think mostly due to the volatile nature of it, it would be non-viable to keep a list of that going at the moment.

3. Ashkan_gc

Ashkan_gc

Thanks for the info