Search Unity

Question Where is the setting to adjust to allow my VR game to be more than 3-4GB and work in Quest?

Discussion in 'VR' started by FilotimoInnovations, Sep 23, 2022.

1. FilotimoInnovations

FilotimoInnovations

Heard there was a setting in unity that is a common android issue, gotta adjust a setting so it can allow for a bigger sized project to work in the oculus quest 2?

Anyone know of this setting? Right now any build over 2GB doesn't work in my quest 2.

best,

Filo

2. glenneroo

glenneroo

3. FilotimoInnovations

FilotimoInnovations

Thank you very much, I turned on the split binary, but didn't work with sidequest load, had to build and run with cable

4. glenneroo

glenneroo

Of course it will run with cable, you are running through the Editor ;)

Did you copy the OBB to the correct directory on your device? And did you read the linked google documentation? https://developer.android.com/google/play/expansion-files.html

I believe this is the correct format on your device:
    /sdcard/Android/obb/[package-name]/main.[version-code].[package-name].obb

Your AndroidManifest will also need this line:
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />

5. colinleet

colinleet

If this about overall build size I can't help you.

If this is about RAM... I tried to dig around the web a lot earlier this year looking for how much RAM is available to the foreground app running on the Quest 2 and it turned out to be a really difficult metric to find. I haven't tested this to see if it's accurate-- but what I eventually found was that only around 3.8 / 6 GB total is program accessable That's one reason the total for the Quest Pro is going up to 12 GB...

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022